Friday, May 11, 2007

Date #1

This story is actually a second date (but the first online guy)...which is odd, since if the quirks aren't going to come out on the first date...usually it takes a lot longer to see them. But onto the story...

Mr. Sunglasses and I had a fun first lunch (he kept his sunglasses on the whole meal, inside!), anyways then due to schedule conflicts couldn't get together again for a little over 2 weeks. We decided to meet for drinks later on in the evening since we were both busy with work. He was running about 25 minutes late, and this wasn't a problem but applies to the story later. He was rushed and asked if I minded if he ordered food, not at all...but as he goes to sit down his phone rings...and he excuses himself to answer it (hmmm?). He returns to badger the waitress about how they make their salads, and how she's not being very helpful, etc. As I smile at the waitress when she leaves...I am told (loudly), in his words "you are so F*cking rude"...hmm, temper issues?

Upon my shocked face he goes onto explain (with plenty of expletives) that the waitress and I were obviously making fun of him (um, what?)...as i respond with a (possibly tough) comment of "she was someone to talk to for 25 minutes while i waited for you"...he just got more and more agitate. He then says he's really busy and doesn't have much time tonight...(like i care at this point?!)...he proceeds to avoid eye contact and drink quickly...and I say I need to leave, he suddenly jumps up and says he'll call when he's back from a weekend trip (seriously buddy?)...and tries to go in for the hug. I (semi) smoothly side-step any contact I simply say best of luck with everything...and get out of there :-)

Not the worst date (by far)...but can't say I think Mr. Sunglasses is a winner...

~Trying...

2 comments:

Pam said...

You know what they always say... the way a guy treats a waiter says more than the way he treats you (especially on first dates)!

Pam said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY