Friday, May 11, 2007

Why Internet Dating?

As my first post...perhaps I should give a bit more feedback as to why I think this is relevant (at all) to people. I mean, we all have our share of bad dating stories (and perhaps worse relationships)...but simple "bad" dates aren't the point here. These are dates that go far beyond the awkward lack of conversation, or odd smell (well, that might come up). AND, these are dates that have all started from and internet dating site. As I know fellow singles out there will understand...most people's reaction to hearing you're single is "well, are you online?"...and I'm here to give you a response to that. Point them this way, and after reading just a few stories I doubt they'll be so quick to push you on-line again! I'm not bitter (surprisingly a happy person in fact) and I do believe that you can find romance through the web...really, I'm just looking share a range of odd/funny experiences...and conduct a bit of a personal experiment :-)

I've set myself some rules:
1. I have to be active online at least 4-5 times a week (aka, make an effort)
2. I'll at least respond to anyone that emails me.
3. Unless I fear for my life (let's hope not!), I'll at least go on a first date (I get the feeling most of these stories will be first dates...)

Any other suggestions?

My mother has told me many times to get on-line and try...I'll need some feedback before I actually pass this site along to her to see if she still holds to that thought ;-)

Feel free to share some of your stories, and other feedback is welcome!

~ Trying...

2 comments:

Mellimoo said...

This is hysterical! I'm glad you are doing it. Might even motivate me to try online dating again!

Mellimoo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.